Point Person Resources
Amazing Point Persons: Thank you for serving in this very important role!
As you move forward and mobilize your churches into LOVING KZOO, we want you to remember that this “movement” is not on your shoulders… it is on the very worthy and capable shoulders of JESUS! So although of course there is a lot of information necessary in order to get a bunch of churches to do something together, we want you to feel overwhelmed with how AWESOME Jesus is, rather than feeling overwhelmed with the task! And never hesitate to contact us if you need additional information or promo materials!
Find your Point Person:
The “Point Person” is the main communication link between the Jesus Loves Kzoo movement and each local church. It is a vital role as we seek to mobilize the Body of Christ in our city!
Now is the time for leadership from your church to decide who will be your JLK Point Person (or Point Team) — and let us know! Email Julie at Jesusloveskzoo@gmail.com
- strategies for getting your church’s leadership on-board and informed (perhaps show videos etc)
- mapping out a mobilization plan that works for your church
- your youth ministry getting involved with IMPACT
- how your church could contribute towards JLK’s funding needs (financially, through material donations, etc)
- identifying volunteers to recommend for various JLK Planning Teams and for the JLK 365 (formally known as the Bridge Army).
If you are a church NEW to JLK or have a NEW Point Persons, please RSVP and plan to meet with us in March to come up to speed!
- Dates/Times: BY APPOINTMENT! PLEASE CONTACT US TO SET UP A MEETING TIME!
- Location: JLK Warehouse, 536 E. Michigan Ave, Kalamazoo 49007
We will be sending you weekly ‘Point Person Email Updates” — please watch for them!
Please email us with a “PROGRESS CHECK IN” on April 18th. We need you to let us know how you are doing with getting your “To-Do List” (even if it is to say that you have not done anything yet!)
- Add important JLK dates to your church calendar (communicate with church admin)
- Organize your own personalized JLK Mobilization Schedule
- Engage your church’s prayer ministry to pray for Jesus Loves Kalamazoo
- Begin communicating about Street Ministry Equipping
- LAUNCH: Begin recruiting volunteers for Catalyst Week events
- Establish a sign-up/information area for JLK at your church
- Hold informational meetings or use other means of mobilizing
- Collect T-shirt orders and money
- EQUIP: Let people know about options for Street Ministry Training such as Friday’s on the Street. Contact Kaukeman@Jesusloveskzoo.org for more info
- COMMUNICATE: Let people know about needs for JLK/365 (follow-up after Catalyst Week)
Please email us with your “PROGRESS CHECK-IN” on June 15! Get excited — Catalyst week is next month!
If you need some extra support, we will meet with you by appointment during the month of June. Just give us a call — we are here to help!
SIGN UP: Urge volunteers to sign up for Catalyst Week asap!
- Use the online link to register volunteers — or recruit volunteers with a hard-copy sign up sheet
EQUIP: Let people know about options for Street Ministry Training such as Friday’s on the Street. Contact Kaukeman@Jesusloveskzoo.org for more info
COMMUNICATE: Get the word out about key Catalyst Week events!
- ALL Volunteer Meeting— Sunday June 25th, 6-8:30pm @ Centerpoint Church (large-group meeting 6-7:15 and breakouts from 7:15-8:15)
- JLK Golf Outing Fundraiser – June 2 @ Thornapple Creek Golf Club
- ONE Worship @ Bronson Park— Sunday, July 9th, 3-6pm — COMMUNITY WELCOME
- Prayer & Grill Nights Outreach across the region – Mon-Thurs, July 10-13 — VOLUNTEERS NEED TO REGISTER
- Kzoo Block Party @ Lacrone Park— Friday July 14th, 5-8:30pm – COMMUNITY WELCOME
- PLUS – 24/7 Prayer & Evangelism coordinated by KHOP and centered at Vanguard North site – time and dates TBA – EVERYONE WELCOME
SUBMIT: T-shirt orders & payment
- Deadline for bulk t-shirt orders is Tuesday, June 20th.
COLLECT: Donations & supplies from your church
- Bring all donations to the All-Volunteer Mtg (Sun, June 25 @ Centerpoint)
PLEASE NOTE: INFORMATION ON THIS PAGE HAS NOT BEEN UPDATED YET FOR 2018… CHECK BACK VERY SOON! (1/31/2018)
Jesus Loves Kzoo General Info:
Here is the Point Person’s Link so you can check the progress of volunteer sign up’s from your church…
Click Here to access Volunteer Search & Report / username: 1532 / password: JLK2017
Then use the “dropbox” to find your church’s name and click on “SEARCH”
Point Person Meetings, Flyers and More…
Point Person Meetings:
April Point Person Meeting:
June Point Person Meeting:
Point Person Meeting Handouts:
- Grill-Site Locations Sheet with Addresses (For Volunteers) – Download
- JLK Catalyst Week Brochure – Download
- Volunteer Areas Handout – Download
- Donations Flyer (one sheet that lists all the typed of donations we are seeking) – Download
Care Package Donation Instructions (collect a few items or make a complete package!)
- Click for Link to Sign-Up Genius for Care Packages
- Instruction Page regarding Care Packages: Download
Food & Supplies Donation Instructions (let us know if you are going to supply a large quantity of something!)
- Click for Link to Sign-Up Genius for Food/Supplies
- Instruction Page regarding Food/Supplies and Using Sign-Up Genius: Download
- Click for Link to Sign-Up Genius for Care Packages
Flyers, Posters, Screen Announcements, etc…
JLK Catalyst Week Tri-fold Brochure – Download
1/2 Page Flyer / Bulletin Insert (Color or Black/White; Copy two-sided and Cut in Half) Corrected version 6/7/2017: Download
1/4 Page Flyer (Color or Black/White; Copy two-sided and Cut in Quarters): Download
Kid’s Kick-Off Worship @ Bronson Park – Flyer (Copy two-sided and Cut in Half): Download
Catalyst Week Poster (to hang in churches/ ministries): Download
Promo Video (Catalyst Week Specific – 60 sec): Download
- QR CODE for VOLUNTEER SIGN-UP via smart phone:
Promo Materials FOR the Community (focusing on Grill Nights rather than on recruiting volunteers)
Registration and T-shirt Order Forms (Hard-Copy Versions)
JLK Volunteer Equipping Info!
Even pro sports teams would never attempt to hit the field without some practice! We encourage everyone to consider attending one of these sessions, regardless of your experience level…
- Friday’s On the Street (6pm) – Hand’s on training. Please contact Kristy Aukeman to arrange -Kaukeman@Jesusloveskzoo.org or 269-207-1576
THANK YOU AMAZING ‘POINT PEOPLE’
We are SO grateful for all the time, energy, and effort you put into mobilizing your local assemblies!
Take a minute to view some testimonies of God’s work during the past years (Testimony Page) and get excited for all that the Lord has planned for the future!